-1 egg per person
-spinach that is minced/ shredded
-pie pan/ muffin tray, muffin holders
-any other add ins you want (peppers, onions, bacon, etc)
Preset the oven to 325 degrees
1. If your shrimp is not already dethawed, place it in a small bowl add 2 tsp of butter and seasoning.
2. Microwave for 1min or until soft
3. Drain the excess buttter
4. Combine eggs, shrimp, cheese, and minced spinach into mixing bowl
Season to taste and stir/ whisk
*The cupcake tray is better if you're serving only a few people
-1 potato per person
(I used brown potatos but I would recommend red)
- Olive oil/ butter
1. Dice potatos and onions
* While you're prepping your potatos, turn the stove on low and add your olive oil/ butter
2. Add your onions first and sauttee until they're soft or golden
3. Add your potatos and season to taste
4. Stir occassionally so they don't stick to the bottom of the pan
5. Once your potatoes are soft and golden, topp off with shredded cheese
Strawberry and Banana, Baked Apples Stuffed French Toast
-French bread (the wider the better)
-1 cup of milk
-Sliced strawberries, (1)bananas, and (2)apples
1. Peel your apples
*Not necessary but personal preference
3. When the butter is melted, add your apples, 1 tbsp brown sugar, and cinnamon
4. Stir and sautee until semi soft on low heat (or soft if you have anyone who is allergic to fruit. Thoroughly cooking it allows them to consume without an allergic reaction)
5. Slice the bread vertically in medium portions (you want the slices to be wide enough so that it can be stuffed without your filling ripping through the sides)
6. Cut slits in the top of the bread, making sure to slit wide and deep enough to hold enough filling securely
7. In a bowl combine 1 egg, 1cup of milk, a couple shakes of cinnamon, and 1 tbsp of brown sugar
8. Whisk ingredients
Turn skillet on and put a tsp of butter on it, spreading it around so when the bread is placed on, it won' t stick
9. Stuff a couple slices of bread with the cooked apples
10. Dip the bread on both of its sides in the french toast bath.
Smooth off with your hands any excess liquids including the egg, gently squeezing. You don't want the bread to be soggy or saoked but fully covered.
11. Place your stuffed and coated french toast on the skillet sideways so you can put multiple slices on at once.
12. Sprinkle with cinnamon
14. With the leftover slices repeat steps 10-13. Once it's cooked and slightly cooled, stuff with the bananas and strawberries.
15. Once the frenchtoasts are all cooked, sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar. Confectionate sugar is an option
-I apologize for not having posted anything for a week. Bad girl! I went out of town to the beach and literally turned my phone off to actually enjoy being on a vacation. Sometimes we get so consumed and become so reliable on our phones that we actually are missing out on enjoying life that's occurring right before our eyes. I promise you that it will be well worth the wait! I decided to try something different with the blog and am considering on posting occassional easy recipes that I've created or heard about; afterall what's Vintage Appetite's without food! Feel free to let me know what you think about it or if you have any suggestions.
Breakfast is my FAVORITE meal of the day. I don't really get to enjoy a decent meal during the week because I'm always rushing off to work, but on the weeknds, I always try to cook a good big breakfast. Above I have shared my newest favorite thing to cook for breakfast, Stuffed frenchtoast, homefries, and souflee. I know it sounds really fancy and hard, but it's very easy to make. I couldn't stop from moaning or having food orgasms with every bite. lol. I hope you try it and are in heaven. WARNING: this meal may cause a food baby or make you fall asleep immediately! But well worth it.