~Asian Paradise Turkey Sliders~
-Ground Turkey or Ground Beef
-1/4 of an Onion
-Handful of Spinach
-Seasame Ginger sauce
-Italian Bread Crumbs
-1/2 of a mango
1. Start by putting your ground meat in bowl (make sure the bowl is wide and deep because you will be adding a lot of ingredients)
2. Peel your onion if you haven't already and dice it
3. Rinse your spinach and then mince finely
4. Peel your mango
5. Cut 1/2 of the mango and dice. Set a little less than a handful of the diced mangos to the side.
6. Add all of your chopped ingredients into the bowl of ground meat mixture. Blend/ Knead with your hands
7. Add Seasame ginger sauce, feta cheese crumbles, and Italian bread crumbs to the ground meat mixture.
SN: If you do not have bread crumbs, you can make your own by double toasting a couple slices of bread. Then put into a blender or crush really finely. Then add italian, garlic, onion, and pepper seasoning to bread crumbs.
8. Mix/ Knead again. Then set to the side allowing the seasonings to marinate in the meat
9. We are now preparing the sauce for our sliders. In a bowl add the diced mangos that were put to the side, 2 TBSP of ketchup, Soy Sauce, 1 TBSP sugar, and 1 TBSP vinegar.
10. Whisk and set to the side
11. Start by spooning 2 TBSP of your now marinated meat mixture into your hands and pat to make patties. The size of the patties are totally up to you. Place patties on a plate.
-Add some oil to a pan and put on med. heat
SN: you could marinate your meat over night for fuller tatse. You could also put a 1/4 or a third of the mixture in the fridge and use for dumplings later in the week. Stay tuned for my recipe.
12. Using the same peeled mango from earlier, cut a couple pieces into thin strips as such. Set to the side.
13. By now your pan should be hot. Carfeully and slowly add your patties into the pan. Make sure thye're spaced well enough so you have room to flip them. Gently using your spatula press the pattie down.
14. Allow the pattie to cook for about 3 mins on each side. The cooking time may adjust depending on the meat, how thick it is, and how high your heat it.
15. While your meat is cooking, take a small pan/ skillet and place on med. low heat. Once the pan is heated, take your suace that you prepped and add to the pan/ skillet. Gradually stir to mix the ingredients. Once it simmers (bubbles), the sugar by now should have dissolved. Turn the heat off and allow the sauce to cool.
Opt: Slightly toast your hamburger bun.
You can either it your pattie on a hamburger bun/ bread or place on a bed of spinach as a salad. Accompany you burger or salad with the sliced mangos and top with your sauce. VoilA!!
-You can add any extra ingredients to your meat mixture such as garlic or mushrooms. Hope you enjoy this meal as much as I did.