-1 cup of Half & Half
- 1 cup of Milk
-4 to 5 Potatoes
-3 Celery Sticks
-1 can of sweet Corn
-2 Chicken Bouillon Cube
-Shrimp Bouillon Cube
1. In a pot boil about 4-5 potatoes depending on their size ( I used 4 big ones which covered 10 servings) Drain when done (to check if potatoes are thoroughly cooked, stick a fork in the center and if the potato slides right off, it's done; if not allow to cook longer)
2. In a skillet on med heat, add 1/4 cup of oil
3. When the oil is hot, add your bag of seafood medley
4. Drain the excess water as the seafood begins to melt and cook. Add your old bay
5. Add your jumbo shrimp to the seafood medley mixture, and allow both to cook.
6. Add more old bay and powder shrimp bouillon (because we keep draining the excess water, we want to make sure that we're also not draining all of the spices we've added). Once the seafood mix is pink or bright in color, remove from heat.
7. In a separate pot, bring 1/4 cup of water to a simmer.
8. Cut up 1/2 of an onion (the size is up to you. I hate onions but use it for it's taste/ flavor so I cut them big enough to pick out.
9. Add your onions and both chicken and shrimp bouillon cubes to the pot. (For more flavor you could add chicken stock) Cook until the bouillon cubes have melted. Stir occasionally
10. Rinse and then dice up 3 celery sticks. Add to your pot of onions along with your corn and cook for 3-5 minutes.
11. Start cutting up your potatoes which should be cooled by now, into blocks or chunks
12. In a separate pot on medium heat you will add 1 cup of Half & Half.
13. Once the milk is warm you will start to gradually add 1 cup of flour (mixing immediately upon pouring) Continuously stir to avoid clumps. As the sauce begins to thicken gradually add more flour. Repeat until you have used all of the flour from the cup.
SN: Add more Half & Half to thin out the base; Add more flour to thicken the base
14. Add Old Bay
15. Once you have reached the consistency you desire, add your seafood medley, potatoes, and vegetables. Stir to mix all of the contents. Serve
-SN: You can add any extra ingredients you want such as broccoli, mushrooms, bacon bits, lobster, or crab chunks.